Happy Birthday Ma

8 Comments Just B Blog

Today is Aug. 17, Arnita Thurston’s birthday.

She used to say even if she hadn’t given birth to me and my brother she would have liked us and wanted to know us. The feeling is more than mutual.

In honor of this day of awesomeness, I will:

• Play the numbers (box, straight and combination) – 817
  • Drink chai tea
  • Wear something orange
  • Call a bunch of stuff “irrelevant and immadershian”
  • Dance and shake my booty
  • Hug on my kitty Sunny (a.k.a. Beelzy, short for Beelzebub)
  • Slow down
  • Wiggle my toes when I eat something yummy
  • Look long and hard and remember well
  • Pet on some yarn and say ooh and ahhh
  • Love my brother Baratunde (every day)
  • Look in the mirror and see you in my face
  • Breathe and be

Peace and Love – Belinda Yvonne

8 thoughts on “Happy Birthday Ma”

1. Baratunde says:

LOVE YOU SIS

#proudthurston

1. BelindaThurston says:

Much love #fam

2. Monica says:

The love between a mother and her children is so strong that it does not matter how many worlds apart you may be… It lives on. That connection is infinite!!!
    ~Monica Pino

This blog made me tear up B. I can feel how much you love your mama and how much she loves you too!!! 🙂

3. Emily says:

Your mother raised two absolutely incredible human beings. I’m going to try and appreciate my mom as much as I can…but I know that I’ll likely fail at this, and will miss her greatly someday. Thank you for reminding me.

4. Kate says:

A most tender tribute. I teared up. I’ll be thinking about your mama today. I’m sure she is proud to have raised two exceptional and loving children. And Mamas rarely wish for more than that.

5. Anika says:

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing, B. Much love.

1. BelindaThurston says:

Thank you Anika, and Kate and Emily and Monica!

6. Alicia says:

B, just read this. Sorry I missed the day, but have been dancing with my little gal (love Miriam Makeba) while thinking about your words. You are always amazing, and surely your mother was; it is obvious in a most profound way. Much love to you!

Comments are closed.

VIDEOS

DONATE

Our studio exists because of donations and support from the community. We believe yoga should be affordable and accessible to all. Please consider supporting our mission: