Y12SR LEADERSHIP TRAINING
When: Jan 25-27, 2013
- Friday: 6-9 p.m.; Saturday: 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.; Sunday: 9 a.m. 3 p.m.
Cost: $350 registration
THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL. CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
The Yoga of 12-Step Recovery Leadership Training gives participants the tools to offer weekly Yoga of 12-Step Recovery classes in their communities. Like the weekly classes, the intensive is designed for anyone dealing with their own addictive behaviors or affected by those behaviors in others.
- Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
- Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognizing the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
- Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
- Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
- Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
- Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass/arrogance.
- Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
- Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.
About Nikki Myers: (bio from City Yoga web page)
Roxanne “Nikki” Myers, E-RYT500, MBA, Yoga Therapist, Founder/Owner CITYOGA School of Yoga and Health. Nikki is an accomplished teacher and practitioner on the path of Yoga. A unique focus of her path has been the integration of yoga in healing. In fact, Nikki came to yoga in the midst of her own health crisis, but quickly realized yoga was centering and firmly grounding her in a sacred space that allowed healing to happen far beyond the physical. Nikki’s studies lead her to: The American Viniyoga Institute, under the leadership of Gary Kraftsow, where she received certification as a Viniyoga Teacher and continues as a Yoga Therapist in training. She is currently a second year student in Somatic Experiencing, the distinguished trauma healing program under the directorship of Peter Levine. She has completed teacher trainings with Tias Little, received cardiac and cancer certification with Nischala Devi and regularly assists and co-teaches with her sister/friend Seane Corn at workshops and conferences across the U.S. She is a regional leadership ‘Diva’ for Off The Mat, Into The World and her extensive travels have lead her to joyous work/study in Africa, Cambodia, India, Thailand and more. Born out of her personal struggles with addiction, Nikki is a co-founder of the acclaimed Yoga of 12-Step Recovery program, featured in the New York Times and Yoga Journal. She is quick to tell the world, ‘The 12-step program and Yoga saved my life – one is my lifeboat, the other my launching pad’.