THIS POST HAS BEEN MODIFIED. THE EVENT HAS CHANGED. PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES. AND PLEASE STILL PLAN TO COME TO CLASS!
Join Just B at Hilltop Yoga for a special practice
June 21, 7:30 p.m.
Old Town (Just B, instructor)
SALUTE TO SOLSTICE
June 21 is the summer solstice – when the earth’s northern axial tilt is closest to the sun.
It represents the beginning of summer and the longest day. Without the tilt of the earth’s axis, we would have no seasons. The solstice allows us to honor cycles and seasons, impermanence, bounty, fertility…Life.
ORIGINAL PLAN WAS TO DO 108 SUN SALUTES – OR SOMEWHERE NEAR THERE. THIS MAY BE TOO AMBITIOUS FOR SUCH SHORT NOTICE – BELOW IS A LITTLE INFO ON THE SIGNIFCANCE OF 108.
* 108 is the number of names for Shiva (a really important Hindu god).
* 108 is the number of names for Buddha.
* 108 is the Chinese number representing “man”.
* 108 is the number of beads on a Catholic rosary.
* 108 is the number of beads on a Tibetan mala
* 108 is twice the number “54”, which is the number of sounds in Sanskrit
Why do it?
Send positive energy to heal and salute the earth.
Embrace a full body mantra with this moving meditation practice.
You don’t have to do all 108. Meditate. Modify.
I WOULD LIKE THIS PRACTICE AND SOME PROCEEDS FROM IT TO BENEFIT THE EARTH IN SOME WAY. Details to come.