Rolling out your mat at home can be on of the scariest and noblest things to do.
Choosing to sit with our thoughts and explore our physical being and our mental distractions is where the yoga journey gets real.
It can feel real silly, useless, boring… And if you stick with it, it can feel empowering, safe, loving and necessary.
Our Home Yoga Practice LIVE class provides guidance on:
- how to set up your space
- how to find time and choosing the amount of time to practice
- what poses and pace of yoga to practice
- determining why you are coming on your mat at all
Unlike a general studio class, this virtual class isn’t a follow-along fitness call and response. Some sessions break down concepts or philosophy in a discussion/conversation with notes and visuals. Others string together concepts for a more vigorous session. Others give you a chance to share what you are discovering and chart your next steps.
We hope you find these sessions useful toward building a practice of your own at home.
- set a plan (what are you wanting to practice/learn/develop awareness of today)
- set an amount of time (5 minutes-2 hours) for practice today or this week and stick with that.
- observe your body, breath and mind as you practice what you set out to practice (this may include journaling your observations)
- seek guidance and feedback from a teacher and credible (maybe sacred) text (a real person as a teacher is best to bounce your ideas and observations off; that person can also suggest your reading materials)
WHAT IS YOGA? THERE’S 8 BRANCHES TO THE ENTIRE TREE
MAKING AND CREATING SPACE – IN YOUR HOME AND WITHIN YOURSELVES
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED? HOW TO BUILD BODY LISTENING SKILLS