Today is Aug. 17, Arnita Thurston’s birthday.
She used to say even if she hadn’t given birth to me and my brother she would have liked us and wanted to know us. The feeling is more than mutual.
In honor of this day of awesomeness, I will:
- Play the numbers (box, straight and combination) – 817
- Drink chai tea
- Wear something orange
- Call a bunch of stuff “irrelevant and immadershian”
- Dance and shake my booty
- Slow down
- Wiggle my toes when I eat something yummy
- Look long and hard and remember well
- Pet on some yarn and say ooh and ahhh
- Love my brother Baratunde (every day)
- Look in the mirror and see you in my face
Peace and Love – Belinda Yvonne